poniedziałek, 24 października 2016

At the beginning there was whiteness...

What interiors are most fascinating? I think those ones which reflect a soul, a temporary mood. An interior furnished and decorated in a proper way can bring us to any corner of the world, to any distant age. Thanks to well chosen furniture, objects of daily use and decorations we can create unique lands. In this way a small flat can be transformed into a castle with hundred chambers or into a hunting cottage in Far North... I will tell you about one house. All of this has its beginning in stormy changes in my life. As a sign of a new fresh path of life I decided to dress my home in a perfect white.

White is amazing. It creates a mood of endless winter. And here I will say without hesitating - a winter doesn't have to be boring and sinister at all. Quite the opposite! A winter is a fairytale with a tone of peaceful nostalgia. A winter brings to mind cosy rooms with a pleasantly flickering fire of a fireplace, a cup of tea, a good book...

I wasn't paying attention to comments of others that white is monotonous and not interesting, that a hall reminds an aseptic hospital. I saw the final effect of project with my imagination. It didn't associate with hospital whiteness but with a secret cottage in Finland woods. A very important idea of this project was "white on white" - on a white background we have furniture and decorations in white colour. It brings an effect of an unreal magic interior. On the one hand this interior seems cold, but on the other hand it is cosy and friendly.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz